The company Activision Blizzard has presented investors with a progress report for the third quarter 2016. The company’s revenue from in-game sales amounted to more than $ 1 billion, and the number of hours that people spent in the game, exceeded 10 billion
The main points:
- Number of monthly Activision Blizzard active users reached 482 million 42 million – Blizzard players, 46 million – Activision, and 394,000,000 King’s
- Revenue for the quarter: more than $ 1 billion received from the in-game sales.
- Players spent in games more than 10 billion hours.
- The number of players in the team shooter Overwatch reached 20 million (the fastest growing Blizzard game).
- Supplement Legion for MMORPG World of Warcraft has broken the record for the first day of sales, reaching 3.3 million copies sold.
- The number of monthly active users in WoW has grown by 30% (compared with the previous quarter).
- Appendix Companion benefited more than one million players (and they go into it, on average 4-5 times a day).
- In the collectible card game Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft set a new record for the number of monthly active users.
- “Party in Karazhan” for Hearthstone proved more successful adventure than the previous one.